Monday, June 30, 2008

Mom in the bathtub . . .

Do you remember when I wrote this:

Um, and maybe my oldest daughter who never allows me to see her unless she's fully dressed, but when she needs to talk, always chooses to do so when I've decided to relax in the tub. I finally put up a curtain, albeit a lace one, so that I could have some privacy. She sits in my bathroom floor to talk about life's problems.

The classic scenario in our house is me in the bathroom and one of the kids coming in and asking, "Hey, mom. What're you doing, mom? Are you in the bathroom? Okay. Well . . . blah, blah, blah." And me replying with something like, "Do you mind?" It seems that nothing deters a kid who wants to talk to mom, regardless of her current activity.


Well, you have to read this comic from today! It's so hilarious and fits along perfectly with my life!

http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/archives/003226.php

J.L.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! When my son was around 4 I started locking the bathroom door. He was just too nosey for my taste. Well, not matter how quietly I tried to sneak away... he would figure it out and throw himself against the door and cry because I had locked it. He doesn't believe me when I tell him now. He's about to turn 16 and if I want him to leave me alone all I have to do is walk into the bathroom!